These terms (the “Agreement”) are between you (“you” or “Client”) and Betrayal Trauma Recovery (“BTR.ORG”).
Abuse is a global issue, severely impacting people of every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and socioeconomic status. At BTR.ORG, we believe that every victim deserves a safe space to process trauma and heal. Our specialized training is rooted in our own experience as cis, heterosexual women of all races and religions – and so we only provide services for women who have been or are currently victims of emotional & psychological abuse and sexual coercion (including their husband’s porn use and infidelity) perpetrated by their male intimate partner. However, this does not invalidate our deep empathy for lesbians, trans-women, men, and non-binary individuals who have experienced abuse at the hands of others. We invite victims outside the scope of our services, those whom we are not trained or experienced enough to help to seek specialized help for their own specific circumstances as we all hope and pray for global healing.
If you’re interested in sharing your story on the BTR.ORG Podcast or you’d like to invite Anne to speak on your podcast, webinar, or event,
contact: kari @btr.org
BTR.ORG is honored to support cis women over the age of 18 and looks forward to providing you with a safe place to process during the coming months.
The aim of BTR.ORG Group and Individual Sessions is to assist women victims of emotional abuse, psychological abuse, and sexual coercion (due to her husband’s pornography use) perpetrated by their intimate male partner to get to emotional and psychological safety. BTR.ORG Coaches do not practice therapy in any capacity. Physical violence and other crimes are outside the scope of BTR.ORG Group Sessions. Thus, victims of physical abuse or women who have knowledge that their husband committed a crime, such as raping underage person or use of child sexual abuse material (child pornography) need to contact their local law enforcement agencies and local domestic violence shelter.
If you’re a woman who has been victimized by her husband (or ex-husband) due to his emotional & psychological abuse and sexual coercion,
– Access our Daily, BTR.ORG Group Sessions
– Schedule an Individual Session with a BTR Coach
– Enroll in the BTR.ORG Living Free Workshop to Learn Strategies to Get to Emotional and Psychological Safety
Coaching Sessions must be paid for in advance and are charged at the time of scheduling through the BTR.ORG website. BTR.ORG Group Session Access is automatically deducted each month until you cancel inside the Client Login. Your credit card is charged using third party software (STRIPE) and BTR.ORG is not responsible for any unauthorized access or security breaches that may occur via Stripe. If you are concerned about your abuser discovering BTR.ORG payments on a statement, make sure to use a card he doesn’t have access to or have a friend sign up for you using your name.
Having access to the BTR.ORG Group Sessions means that you will be charged $125 per month until you cancel through the BTR.ORG Client Login. For that reason, if you don’t attend Group Sessions your monthly fee will remain active so you have access to the Group Sessions if/when you need it. Although you can cancel your access to BTR.ORG Group Sessions at any time, the first payment and any monthly fees thereafter are non-refundable. If you don’t want to be charged again, make sure you cancel your access to BTR.ORG Group Sessions before the next monthly fee occurs.
Individual Sessions are non-refundable. Individual Sessions can be rescheduled up to 24 hours of the session start time. Individual Session Packages are non-refundable and expire after one year. Workshops are non-refundable, but once enrolled, you can access the workshop during one of the upcoming dates from then on if your plans change.
If you’re interested in donating BTR.ORG services to someone other than yourself, visit AbuseVictimFund.org to set that up.
BANK & CREDIT CARD DISPUTES
When you schedule an Individual Session, purchase Individual Session Packages, or access to BTR.ORG Group Sessions, you give consent for BTR.ORG to charge your debit or credit account. We document that you gave consent to charge your card and have agreed to these terms. Any BTR.ORG charge that you dispute, will be refuted using documentation that you agreed to these terms, including our refund policy. So rather than dispute a charge, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about a charge.
When women are displeased with our services and dispute BTR.ORG charges, we take precautions to ensure it doesn’t occur again. If you dispute BTR.ORG charges, you’ll no longer be able to access BTR.ORG Group or Individual Sessions as we don’t want to put you in another uncomfortable situation.
RESOLVING BANK & CREDIT CARD DISPUTES
If you’ve disputed BTR.ORG charges, but would like access to our services again, take the following steps to void the dispute:
- Call your credit card company or bank where you disputed the charge[s].
- Ask to speak with a representative.
- Tell the representative that you made a mistake, and you want to void the dispute.
- Ask them how to void the dispute.
- Follow the steps they give you and void the dispute.
REPRESENTATIONS OF CLIENT
BTR.ORG Sessions are not a substitute for licensed mental health care. As a client, you understand that in order to receive a diagnosis or treatment plan, you need to visit a licensed mental health professional. You agree to not seek any diagnosis from BTR.ORG. We cannot treat or prevent a mental illness, whether in-person or remotely, including:
(a) conducting a professional evaluation of an individual’s condition of mental health, mental illness, or emotional disorder consistent with standards generally recognized in the professions of mental health therapy;
(b) establishing a diagnosis in accordance with established written standards generally recognized in the professions of mental health therapy;
(c) prescribing a plan for the prevention or treatment of a condition of mental illness or emotional disorder;
(d) engaging in the conduct of professional intervention, including psychotherapy by the application of established methods and procedures generally recognized in the professions of mental health therapy.
You agree to not look to or rely upon BTR.ORG for any of the above listed services. You understand and agree that BTR.ORG is not providing mental health services and you are fully responsible for your physical and emotional well-being during a BTR.ORG session and choices made before, during, and thereafter.
One of the most common things we hear from women new to the BTR.ORG community is how welcomed, safe, and validated they feel even on their first day. Anyone who has suffered years or decades of emotional & psychological abuse and sexual coercion from their husband understands how important safety and empathy are to healing. BTR.ORG Coaches come to Sessions on time and free from distractions and respectfully request that you do the same. Our Coaching Coordinator may periodically drop into Group and Individual Sessions to ensure client safety and coaching quality.
Because we don’t know what any other woman has experienced prior to attending BTR.ORG Group Sessions, we ask that all clients adhere to some general safety precautions so that each and every woman, no matter her situation or background, can feel secure in our midst.
Please review the Group Session Guidelines below:
- For everyone’s safety, you may not share your BTR.ORG Client Login information, use a BTR.ORG Client Login that is not your own, or create a BTR.ORG Client Login for someone else. All BTR.ORG Group Session attendees must have their own BTR.ORG Client Login. Clients who violate this policy will be removed from the Group Session.
- When you attend a Group Session, you MUST be in a room alone. If others are in the home, please be in a different room and wear headphones to protect the safety of other Group Session Clients and your children. If you need to attend to something, please leave the Group Session and attend another session.
- First Name, Last Initial, and Video check upon Group Session entry is required. For your safety, list only your first name and last initial and be on camera to be accepted into the BTR.ORG Group Session. For every one’s safety, we must be able to identify you. Video must be on the entire time. For everyone’s safety, clients cannot put their personal contact info (last name, email or phone number) as their Zoom name. Clients who violate this policy will be removed from the Group Session.
- Share time may not be available if you login to the BTR.ORG Group Session after check-in is completed.
- BTR.ORG Group Session Clients are strictly prohibited from recording Group Sessions for any reason. Recording Sessions will result in immediate termination of access to BTR.ORG Group Sessions, without refund of any fees paid to date.
- We recommend you attend no more than one Group Session per day. We find women make more progress when they use the rest of their time focusing on other healing activities, like taking classes to advance a career, physical exercise, or other such activities rather than attending multiple groups per day.
- Acknowledging that mental health professionals (i.e, counselors, coaches, mentors, advocates, podcasters, working in the betrayal trauma or abuse field any capacity) are not immune to the pain of abuse and betrayal trauma, we’ve found that BTR.ORG Group Sessions aren’t an appropriate place for them to find support. Mental health professionals may schedule an individual session with any of our coaches.
- Although we have a BTR.ORG Group Session schedule, BTR.ORG Coaches may change without notice.
- Our Sessions are a NO PORN ZONE and no masturbation zone. Our philosophy is that ALL porn/masturbation is damaging, so any mention that some porn/masturbation is or may be healthy creates a safety breach in our Group Sessions.
- Do not use swear words. Many clients have been abused with harsh language.
- Because women have frequently been emotionally and psychologically abused by gender dynamics, to provide a safe space, we specifically use the pronouns she/her to describe ourselves (victims) and he/him to describe abusers. If you’re uncomfortable using these pronouns in this way, please schedule an Individual Session rather than attending Group Sessions.
- Avoid graphic details during shares. Others may be triggered into a trauma response.
- No obvious use of alcohol. Many clients are in relationships with alcohol abusers.
- Be mindful of time. Everyone who wishes to share deserves equal opportunity to speak and get feedback.
- Because safety is our first priority, BTR.ORG Coaches will not share your contact information with anyone or facilitate you sharing your contact information with anyone.
- Some Group Sessions will not be held on holidays, such as: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Mother’s Day, 4th of July
Website or podcast summaries are intended to provide information about the possible experience of clients and should not be understood as a guarantee or assurance of future success in any matter. The results portrayed were dependent on a variety of facts and circumstances unique to the particular individuals, including specific facts and circumstances of the matter, the choices of the individuals involved, and unanticipated events. Thus, the results obtained by others – whether clients of BTR.ORG or otherwise – applying (or not applying) the principles set out in BTR.ORG services or educational resources are no guarantee that you or any other person or entity will be able to obtain similar results.
Using any BTR.ORG service, website, social media or educational information, you accept personal responsibility for the results of your actions. You agree to take full responsibility for any harm or damage you suffer as a result of the use, or non-use, of the information available at BTR.ORG through our services or educational resources. You agree to use judgment and conduct due diligence before taking any action or implementing any plan or action suggested or recommended.
You agree that the BTR.ORG has not made any guarantees about the results of utilizing our services. You recognize that your ultimate success or failure will be the result of your own efforts, your particular situation, and innumerable other circumstances beyond the control and/or knowledge of BTR.ORG.
You hereby release, waive, and forever discharge BTR.ORG, its owners, contractors, agents, successors, and employees (each of whom is referred to herein as a “BTR.ORG Affiliate”) from every claim for damages you may now have as well as those you may yet acquire arising out of actions or omissions of a BTR.ORG Affiliate to the full extent permitted by law. You further declare and represent that you are competent to enter this Agreement and do so of your own free will. You further declare that no promise, inducement or agreement not herein expressed has been made to you to enter into this release. The release made pursuant to this paragraph shall bind your heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents. If you breach any of the terms of this Agreement in any way, you agree to be responsible for paying all damages incurred by BTR.ORG, including, but not limited to any out-of-pocket costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees regardless of whether litigation is required. This paragraph will survive any conclusion or termination of this Agreement.
You understand that BTR.ORG Coaches will not provide testimony or verification of program participation for legal, medical or any other purposes. If a BTR.ORG Affiliate is legally required to testify, they are ethically bound not to give opinions. BTR.ORG Affiliates will not make recommendations about the decisions before the court. Furthermore, if any BTR.ORG Affiliate is required to appear as a witness or to otherwise perform work related to any legal matter, the party responsible for the BTR.ORG Affiliate participation agrees to reimburse BTR.ORG at the rate of $300 per hour for time spent traveling, speaking/corresponding with attorneys or other court professionals, reviewing and preparing documents, testifying, being in attendance, and any other case-related costs.
You agree that you will not contract with or receive coaching services from any BTR.ORG Coach outside of the BTR.ORG structure or hire or pay any BTR.ORG Coach directly. You will immediately notify BTR.ORG of any suggestion by a BTR.ORG Coach that you hire that Coach outside of BTR.ORG. You agree that any referral made by BTR.ORG for other professional services is in no way intended to be an endorsement of that service provider by BTR.ORG. You agree and acknowledge the importance of personally evaluating the qualifications of all service providers and agree it is your individual decision to make regarding which service provider(s) to use. This paragraph will survive any conclusion or termination of this Agreement.
Because BTR.ORG will not disclose the identity of clients, and therefore cannot respond to or refute such disparagement publicly without revealing confidential information about the client, you agree that you will not at any time make, publish or communicate to any person or entity or post on any public forum a defamatory or disparaging remark, comment or statement concerning BTR.ORG or any of its directors, coaches, team members, contractors, employees, agents, or clients. Doing so may result in immediate termination of services and blocking access to BTR.ORG Group Sessions, and may result in legal action.Similarly, BTR.ORG agrees to not make any public statements on any forum about your use of any BTR.ORG services, including refuting untrue statements or claims made against BTR.ORG unless compelled by a judges order.
By scheduling a session and clicking on “I agree to the terms and conditions found at btr.org/terms,” you agree to be added to the BTR.ORG email list and to receive communications from BTR.
Although we have an SSL Certificate which ensures BTR.ORG provides secure, encrypted communications between a website and an internet browser, BTR.ORG cannot guarantee the privacy of its users from hackers. We treat your information confidentially and it will not share or sell any of your personal information with or to third parties.
You are strictly prohibited from recording Individual or Group Sessions, for any reason. Recording Sessions in violation of this agreement will result in immediate termination from all BTR.ORG services, without refund of all fees paid to date. We ask that you keep the names of Group Session clients confidential, although we can’t guarantee that clients will keep confidentiality.
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users. BTR.ORG fully complies with the CAN-SPAM Act as enacted in the United States. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence. We do not and will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party and will only disclose it if required to do so by law.
We collect information from Users at a number of different points on our website. We utilize software at times to record user activity to improve the usability of our website, but we do not see any private information (such as names, email addresses, or any other personally identifiable information) in doing so, unless it is submitted by the User. Here’s a list of information that may be tracked:
– Your network routing information (where you come from).
– Your Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and may identify your general geographic location or company.
– Your computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
Our website will likely contain links to other websites. BTR.ORG has no control of such websites and you agree that these websites are not under our control and are not subject to our terms. We have no responsibility for these websites and provide links to these websites solely for your convenience. You acknowledge that your use and access of these websites is solely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the privacy policies and other legal documents of these websites to see how they treat your personally identifiable information.
Users must provide a payment to use our services. We use Stripe and Acuity Scheduling to process payments. Users understand and agree that we cannot control nor can we be liable for the acts of Stripe and you agree to hold BTR.ORG harmless from any liability for security incidents or damages which may be incurred by third party payment processing services. If you see what you believe to be fraudulent transactions regarding payments to our website, please contact us immediately. We will work with you and the proper authorities to the best of our ability in order to help resolve any such issues.
BTR.ORG uses reasonable safeguards to protect personally identifiable information about Users. Sensitive financial information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL. Only BTR.ORG admin who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to such personally identifiable information.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between BTR.ORG and Client. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. All modifications to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by BTR.ORG and Client.
DISPUTES, JURISDICTION AND VENUE
You agree that the Fourth District Court of Utah or the United States District Court for the District of Utah shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims between BTR.ORG and you including, but not limited to claims arising out of or related to this Agreement. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims and waive any defense of forum non conveniens. The laws of the State of Utah will govern this Agreement as well as any claim that might arise between you and BTR.ORG, without regard to conflict of law provisions. In the event of litigation, the prevailing party shall be entitled to its court costs, attorney fees, deposition costs, and all other litigation expenses. This paragraph will survive any conclusion or termination of this Agreement.