Separation (& Reconciliation?)
Separate (& Reconciliation?)
Your safety is our #1 priority at BTR. When you’re being abused by your husband’s lying, manipulation, porn use, etc, getting to safety is the number one priority.
What can you do when you are repeatedly gaslighted, manipulated, and blamed? Or perhaps your husband claims he’s trying to recover, but he’s still emotionally abusive?
Many people think of separation as the beginning of the end. It may be. Regardless, it’s imperative that you establish safety from the abuse. It’s also your husband’s best chance for change. Often, separation, done well, provides the best possible chance at moving forward together.
These sessions will help you understand how to use separation as a tool to explore the future of your relationship. Space will allow you to think clearly through your wants and needs for the future and how best to achieve them. If that is not possible, this approach can prepare you for those changes, as well.
In these sessions, you will:
- Learn the 7 types of separation
- Be introduced to concepts to stop the ongoing abuse & infidelity
- Learn different options for communication during separation
- Create goals for the separation
- Have an outline for developing a separation agreement
- Develop a strategy to know when or whether to reunite
- Know first steps for involving and protecting children through this process
Schedule an appointment today to talk discuss if separation may be your next step toward peace.
We recommend Center For Peace, our partner program for men exhibiting abusive behaviors.