Seven Tips to Maximize Your FREE New Client Consultation
If you’ve had it with your husband’s pornography / sexual addiction and related behaviors, such as lies, infidelity, gaslighting, and narcissistic behaviors, Betrayal Trauma Recovery is for you.
As women who seek to survive the abuse of lies, secrets, husbands' pornography use, and/or sex addiction, asking for help is one of the most HEROIC actions we can take possibly take. Overcoming the risks takes courage and discernment, especially if we’ve had bad experiences with previous therapists or other professionals.
As BTR coaches, we’ve been there ourselves. That’s why we're willing to volunteer 30 minutes to ANY woman who wonders if coaching is the right choice for you.
Even though we can’t even begin to tackle everything in 30 minutes, it’s typically enough time for us to connect in a genuine way. We know that YOUR time is as valuable as ours, so here are seven things you can do to maximize your consultation:
Before the appointment:
- When you schedule your consultation online, please provide as much background information as possible (to whatever degree you're comfortable). The more detail you provide BEFORE the consultation, the more time your coach can spend addressing your needs DURING the appointment.
- Come prepared to ask your coach 1 or 2 specific questions—either about your personal situation, BTR coaching logistics, her own trauma background, or her professional experience. Focus on the things that are MOST important to you.
- Come prepared to tell your coach 1 or 2 ways you'd like her to help you. Focus on your TOP PRIORITY needs.
After the appointment, ask yourself:
- Did I feel safe, respected and supported by this coach?
- Did this coach seem knowledgeable about the process and tools necessary and available to heal from betrayal trauma?
- Did I experience genuine caring and connection from this coach?
- Do I feel she understood both my strengths and my vulnerabilities?
- In these first 30 minutes, did this coach give me something I didn't have before the consultation?
On behalf of the entire BTR team, please know that we believe in you, and we believe that YOU CAN make GREAT DECISIONS for yourself and your healing! Our confidence in you is inclusive and unconditional, whether or not you choose to continue sessions with a BTR coach.
Whatever decision you ultimately make, please take a moment to THANK YOURSELF for seeking support within this community. Please know that we admire your courage, and we honor the steps you’re taking on your own behalf.
And pause with us to realize that you, dear sister, are your own beautiful hero.
In service and support,
PS: If you have any questions about the New Client Consultation process, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.