Separation (& Reconciliation?)
Recommended Four 50-Minute Sessions with Coach Laura
Individual Sessions $115 (Packages Available)
Relationship conflicts are sometimes difficult to resolve, especially when lying, porn use, sex addiction, and abuse are involved.
What happens when you discover that you can’t work through complex issues together? What can you do when you are repeatedly gaslighted, manipulated, and blamed? Or perhaps your husband IS trying to recover, but he’s still emotionally abusive? What if you can’t agree on rules for living together or what recovery should look like? Therapeutic separation may be what you need.
Many people think of separation as the beginning of the end. But what if separation could be therapeutic? And what if I told you that you don’t need your spouse’s cooperation to benefit from this process?
These sessions will help you understand how to use separation as a tool to explore the future of your relationship. Sometimes couples need space to do just that. Space will allow you to think clearly through your wants and needs for the future and how best to achieve them. Often, separation, done well, provides the best possible chance at moving forward together. And sometimes that’s not possible. The proper approach can prepare you for that outcome, as well.
In these sessions, you’ll
- learn the 7 types of separation and what makes a separation “therapeutic”
- be introduced to concepts to help manage the crisis of abuse & sex addiction in your relationship
- learn different options for communication during separation
- begin to create goals for the separation
- have an outline for developing a separation agreement
- develop a strategy to know when or whether to reunite
- know first steps for involving and protecting children through this process
Join us as we explore together whether or not a therapeutic separation is right for you.