Betrayal Trauma Recovery Group Session Guidelines
Welcome to Betrayal Trauma Recovery Group
Group Session Guidelines
- We recommend members attend no more than one group per day. We find that women who take what they learn and apply it in their daily lives progress more toward their safety.
We recognize that BTR group sessions aren’t appropriate for mental health professionals experiencing abuse. However, mental health professionals are welcome to schedule individual sessions with Coach Renee.
- BTRG coaches will not share any personal contact information of any group member with any other group member.
- When you attend a group session, you MUST be in a room alone. If others are in the home, please wear headphones to protect the safety of other group members and your children. If you need to attend to something, please leave the group and return when you are able to do so safely.
- Video check in upon group entry is required. For every one’s safety, we must be able to identify you as a member. Video must be on the entire time. For everyone’s safety, members cannot put their personal contact info (email or phone number) as their Zoom name. Members who violate this policy will be removed from group.
- BTR Group clients are strictly prohibited from recording group sessions for any reason. Recording sessions will result in immediate termination of membership in BTR Group, without refund of any fees paid to date.
- Our sessions are a NO PORN ZONE and no masturbation zone. Our philosophy is that ALL porn/masturbation is damaging, so any mention that some porn/masturbation is or may be healthy creates a safety breach in our groups.
- Do not use swear words. Many members have been abused with harsh language.
- Avoid graphic details during shares. Others may be triggered into a trauma response.
- No obvious use of alcohol. Many members are in relationships with alcohol abusers.
- Be mindful of time. Everyone who wishes to share deserves equal opportunity to speak and get feedback.
Each coach contributes something unique to our team. Safety, stability and consistency are key to healing from trauma. So we use a predictable group session format.
Coaches note the order women join and will invite you to check-in and share in that order.
PART A: PARTICIPANT CHECK-IN
Share 2 or 3 words that describe your feelings right now.
Share about a self-care action you took to help you feel peace.
WHAT DO I NEED:
- A safe space to share about my own struggles and successes
- Answer to a question about abuse or betrayal
- Help processing a particular issue
PART B: PARTICIPANT SHARE
PART C: PARTICIPANT CHECKOUT
Dependent upon time, your coach will invite you to state a top takeaway and/or action plan for next steps.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org